Learning Stories

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
danica

Learning Stories

Post by danica » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I need some help. I was told that we no longer do observations only learning stories. I was then told that we need to do both. Can someone tell me the difference between these and how many I should be doing for each child.Thanks

Lorina

Re: Learning Stories

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 am

Here are some discussions on Learning Stories we have had on the forum:

how many learning stories
Learning stories versus observations
group learning stories

I'm also adding an article on How To Write A Learning Story:
http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/l ... _story.php

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:25 am

I am finding it hard to change from the old ways of ob's to the learning stories. But the online tools are helping me heaps. Just to to re-teach myself to shorten them lol ...

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Kaz wrote:I am finding it hard to change from the old ways of ob's to the learning stories. But the online tools are helping me heaps. Just to to re-teach myself to shorten them lol ...
Hi Kaz,

Are you still doing obs as well as learning stories or are you just sticking to learning stories? You can still do both... For an event or a spontaneous experience or even a group interest you can do learning stories and also do observations too. When I do monthly obs, each month i will do a different method...one month I will do a learning story, another month a photo ob etc. 

:geek:,
L.A

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am

For my last task it's asking for learning stories. I have mostly only ever did obs working as a assistant. So writing things in short but detailed is different. But I am getting there :)