Invoicing parents for FDC

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bsraffa

Invoicing parents for FDC

Post by Bsraffa » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello, I'm new to Family Day Care and have my first set of kids coming along to my home. What I wanted to know was, when you invoice the parents the "parent to pay" figure shown on our payslip, what's the normal procedure for advising them? Is there a program you can download to make up a simple invoice? When I contacted the office I work for, they advised me to simply tell them or to forward my payslip - both of which I don't feel is the professional way to go about it.

Thanks for your responses :)

Bsraffa

Re: Invoicing parents for FDC

Post by Bsraffa » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 pm

One other thing I wanted to add to my question is, when I looked at the payment info regarding the payment of the child in my care, there were no calculations for late fees...are the educators to add the late fees on themselves, or are the accountants who type up the payslips supposed to include the late fees? Thank you again.

manjot
Participator
Participator

Post by manjot » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:40 pm

hi I m running family day care too. you can show parents your fees schedule which include your standard hour, non-standard hours, late fees, public holidays. just show it interview time to parents and keep remind them about fee schedule. I hope this help. good luck.

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Thank you Manjot. When you bill them every fortnight, do you make up your own invoice to give the parents? Or does the comany you work for send it to the parents? I received my first payslip for this child and even though the Mum was late a coupe of times, when the office calculated the Parent to Pay figure, it didn't include the late fees.

manjot
Participator
Participator

Post by manjot » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes I email their statement every Friday and give them two weeks notice. If they don't pay after two weeks they have to pay late fees. Just tell ur coordinator that parents not paying thier fees on time. And give a copy of your fees schedule to parents so they can understand clearly about fee.

manjot
Participator
Participator

Post by manjot » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:19 pm

And one more thing you can make your own fees schedule it's your business you have to decide. Bye good luck I hope it helps. Bye