Information to the parents about the educational programme

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
eagertolearn

Information to the parents about the educational programme

Post by eagertolearn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,
I am wanting to write up a document on giving parents information on our educational program but I dont know where to start!

I am hoping that one of you may already have something like this that you dont mind sharing so I can see if I am thinking of the right thing.
I am struggling with trying to use information and language that the parents understand but still wanting to include important information refering to NQS and the EYLF that I think parents wont understand!

Any advice welcome!

Thanks in advance. :)

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Information to the parents about the educational programme

Post by LindyT » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 am

What specifically ar you looking for?

I print out the programming I do and put it up for the parents to view/comment on.
Is this what you mean?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:32 pm

In Resources, Childcare Professionals there is an article called "Understanding the EYLF". Maybe you could use the points mentioned in here and adapt them for parents. You can also check out "EYLF Programming Documentation" which gives details and explanations of the curriculum plan.

From what I understand you are wanting a document that explains the EYLF curriculum to parents and how you use this within your setting, in a simple way. So, when parents see the program they understand what it is about?

:geek:,
L.A

eagertolearn

Post by eagertolearn » Wed May 15, 2013 3:20 am

So sorry for the late reply.

Yes LA that is exactly what I'm after. Just something that explains to parents what we do in regards to education and how it incorporates the eylf and nqs. I will check out the links and have a go at writing something up and may post it here for some feed back.

Thanks again.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 18, 2013 1:21 am

I think it's important for parents to understand how educators plan and program for the children. It's vital that parents know that their children just don't play while coming to Childcare and there is reason and purpose for each of the experiences and activities we provide for children.

I would love to read what you have come up with... It will be great to get some ideas on how others interpret the EYLF.. :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A