CHCPR301A - Analyse a Book Corner

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
meg

CHCPR301A - Analyse a Book Corner

Post by meg » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:14 pm

hi i am sitting here trying to understand exactly what to do

the question is analyse a book corner as a learning environment and provide an overview of how the setting creates a
stimulating environment
positive environment
developmentally appropriate environment to foster development, play and learning

i am not sure what it means by positive? also how does it poster play? is that the types of play,

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks meg :sweating:

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHCPR301A

Post by Steffelz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi Meg,
To help create a positive physical environment , and promote independence, you should pay attention to the following.

1. Provide a place where each child can keep their personal belongings
For example, a basket with the child's name and picture above it, or lockers

2.Have furniture and equipment that is child-sized and in good condition.

The furniture, materials and other equipment in the room should be adapted so that children with varying abilities can be involved in all areas of the room.

3.Have equipment and materials on low shelves, encouraging children to select and use equipment on their own.
- Keep shelves neat and uncluttered so children can see what equipment is available.
- Organise equipment logically and locate it in areas where it is to be used so children can find what they want
. - Label shelves with pictures that show the children where equipment belongs.

3.Display children's artwork in a child-focused way and with care.

4.Have pictures on the wall, in books and in learning materials that reflect the cultural and social backgrounds of the children in the group.

5.Provide equipment that ensures success for all children regardless of ability.

6.Provide equipment that children can use independently, without the help of an adult.

7. Provide a range of movable equipment is a good idea as it allows children to organise and arrange their environment.

8.Provide mirrors for children to see themselves in, and photographs of themselves and their families.
This adds to an environment that supports and promotes self esteem.

And Here is a link about Arranging the environment to facilitate learning and pleasure
http://www.studysolutions.qld.edu.au/To ... npleas.htm

I hope this helps , good luck :)

meg

Re: CHCPR301A

Post by meg » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 pm

thanks so much. i am sure it will help