group of children

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
desley murray

group of children

Post by desley murray » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am

Hi I am have just been made a group leader in my centre . I have just return to work in child care after 4 years off. This is my first time as group leader.My question is on my program there is focus group and observation group. What is the different? I thought observation groups were the children I observe and do a learning story for ( look it what I did today)

Lorina

Re: group of children

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi Joe,

Welcome back to the industry! Well there has definitely been a few changes since you've been away. Especially with the EYLF and New Regulations kicking in. Regarding your question, the "observation group" is the group of children who you are observing and "focus children" are the children who have follow up activities on the program. I'm not sure if you have already but you can take at the articles on EYLF under Childcare Professionals in Resources (links below). This will give you details on the new EYLF and how to implement it into your centre.

1) Understanding The EYLF

2) EYLF Curriculum Planning & Documentation

Let me know if you need any further help,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

desley murray

Re: group of children

Post by desley murray » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks you for your help i understand that now. through it have to do with the observation groups