Group goals & individual goals ?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hayley27

Group goals & individual goals ?

Post by hayley27 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello!
Have a few questions for anyone interested in replying& sharing :) I'm from a long day care.
Just wondering how people are implementing group goals and individual goals in their programming and documentation?
Are people putting the goals in their program?
Are you using the learning outcomes as goals?
And how are goals decided?
Are you involving parents etc?

Thank you!
Last edited by hayley27 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

hayley27

Re: Group goals & individual goals ?

Post by hayley27 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

decided*

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Hayley
I'm in Family Daycare

Just wondering how people are implementing group goals and individual goals in their programming and documentation?
I am doing this based upon my extensions from pervious experiences.

Are people putting the goals in their program?
I use the goal in my diary and add them to my programming as activities or intentional learning.

Are you using the learning outcomes as goals?
Yes and No I am using the goals/outcome dependant on how they fit into the programming and what is needed by the chn.

And how are goals decided?
By the needs and interests of the children.

Are you involving parents etc?
Most definitely. Their input is very important to me. They are Major stakeholders!

hayley27

Post by hayley27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. Thank you for your sharing your techniques, will definitely put them to use!

Smiley

Post by Smiley » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:01 am

Use group goal on a week basis. Add it to Goal Of The Week form and evaluate it on same form. Use l/o as group goal or philosophy. Add how 2 achieve. End of the week evaluate if achieved, write how achieved etc. Move on to next. At times it cant be achieved in the week. Will continue through diff activity. And take photos of group achieving goal.

:D

Peni

Post by Peni » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Have make up my own sheet for each child stating the goal how it will be implemented the n the outcome this is kept in each child's records

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:15 pm

For group goals I usually add this onto the weekly curriculum plan along with the experience being implemented for the specific group goal. I will then evaluate this either within the daily diary or weekly evaluation depending on when all children have succeeded the goal. For individual goals i usually use the ones when assessing each individual child through observations or forms of assessments...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:27 pm

I do a new group goal each fortnight. This gives me 2 weeks to ensure all kids have achieved it. I have a task to implement for the group goal and use both the learning outcomes and philosophy of the centre. Once a child has completed the group goal I tick it off their goal checklist along with the date, experience and the goal achieved.

lee-knight

Post by lee-knight » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:41 am

This was a new thing i came to know about certainly this kind of discussions really help others to gather valuable information. Thanks