FDC documentation. Help please!

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Rh1986

FDC documentation. Help please!

Post by Rh1986 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi there, I just about to start my own family daycare service and its a very exciting but daunting process. I have found this website very informative and useful and think I will use a lot of the templates. I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am thinking about the programming and portfolios and very confused. I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on what I need to put in the portfolios, how to set them out along with the programming. I really appreciate any advice

Lorina

Re: FDC documentation. Help please!

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 am

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

It's very exciting to be starting your own FDC! That's great!

Programming and Portfolios are to separate forms of documentation. Programming basically is a plan of all the experiences, along with goals that will be set out on a daily basis and a portfolio is to be used for each individual child which contains their evidence of learning. You can find more information on these in our Wiki, in Childcare Programming.

Portfolios In Childcare
How To Write The EYLF Curriculum Plan
EYLF Programming and Planning In Childcare

If you have any further questions let me know and I will be happy to help you out,

:geek:,
L.A