EYLF Programming

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dewi gilang

Re: EYLF Programming

Post by dewi gilang » Fri May 06, 2011 11:13 pm

i have been searching different resources about "EYLF" , and it come to conclusion for me that we do not need to do complicated work. it is much simpler that the previous method. I also use L.A template.. collecting foto's and now i have alots of feed back from the parents..then my curriculum has growing from there...
thanks L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Dewi,

Thanks so much for your feedback in regards to the EYLF templates I designed :D! Happy to hear that you are finding them useful and simple to follow ! It’s also nice to hear that you are receiving lots of feedback from the parents and that your curriculum is growing… :mrgreen:

Cheers :geek:
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I recently went to an EYLF workshop and I found out some more information about the EYLF Programming which you may find useful.

I've updated my forum topic "EYLF Programming AND Planning Documentation". So click here to view this topic.

If you have any further questions or comments in regards to the EYLF can I please suggest you post them in the above forum.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi All,

I have received a lot of feedback from you guys regarding the Input Keys on the EYLF Daily Curriculum. At the moment I'm working on how to make the Input Keys a lot easier and more simpler to use. I'll also be adding 2 new input keys (outdoor play and spontaneous experiences). I let you all know once I have these ready.

Also in the meantime I have created a poll in the topic "EYLF Programming & Planning Documentation" . This is so I can find out if you are using a daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly curriculum plan at your centre. This will also give me an idea on if I need to provide you with anymore EYLF Curriculum Plan Format samples. The poll will remain active for the next 1 month and can be found on page 1 in the above topic.

So can I kindly ask that you take a quick second to vote on this poll! I really appreciate it…Please note that you need to be logged in to vote!

Click here to vote :mrgreen:

Thanks Everyone!

L.A

LeahSteindl

Post by LeahSteindl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:30 am

I have a question, with the new EYLF do we just do learning stories, daily diaries or do we continue with the old way of observing and do anecdotal records, etc.
With the learning stories, how long/short do they have to be? and do you have to do one everyday?
From each learning story you do, do you have to program from that

Our centre is in a community hall, so we can't hang learning stories or anything on the wall. I currently take lots of photo's through out the day and we have a digital photo frame which we put the photo's on at the end of end of each day for the parents to see. We also use the digital photo display as discussion with the children. They love talking about what they were doing in the photo.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Leah,
do we just do learning stories, daily diaries or do we continue with the old way of observing and do anecdotal records, etc.

When observing children you can use any form of observation as long as you are linking the child's experience with the EYLF Learning Outcomes, Principles and Practices. You can always try to mix it up... one month a photo ob, the following month you can use an anecdotal record etc...

With the learning stories, how long/short do they have to be? and do you have to do one everyday?

Some of our members have discussed your questions about "Learning Stories" on this forum itself so I'd thought I would give you the links so you can view the responses. Just click on each of the links to view posts... Hopefully this should give you an understanding on what you need to do with the Learning Stories, if not let me know so I can help you out further...

Link 1: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=31&t=258

Link 2: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=31&t=247

Our centre is in a community hall, so we can't hang learning stories or anything on the wall

You could always try displaying them in a folder near where the parents sign in/sign out or put them all into one of those big A3 size art diaries. Try and place them where they can be viewed by everyone!! Oh if you type up your learning stories you can email them to the parents!!

We also use the digital photo display as discussion with the children. They love talking about what they were doing in the photo.

A really great idea to use a digital photo frame! If you have a video camera or a sound recorder use that with the children and see what reaction you get after they hear and see themselves playing :D !

L.A