EYLF Myths & Realities

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

EYLF Myths & Realities

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Found this interesting as I think it clears up a lot of questions that people have about the EYLF

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... realities/

Worth a read I think.

Lorina

Re: EYLF Myths & Realities

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Fefe,

Yeah...good read to clarify what we are and aren't supposed to be doing with the EYLF but even though I still think that it is very broad and general statement.

If its as easy as it reads then why are so many Childcare professionals finding it so difficult to implement the EYLF? Why are so many centres especially "chain" centres giving staff so much work to ensure the EYLF is being followed?

The EYLF is great framework for early childhood education but I think it would be less confusing if everyone was on the same page rather than everyone interpreting how they want it to be... Like this everyone seems to be second guessing themselves...

We are half way through this year and I bet that there are many centres still haven't a clue on how they are supposed to be implementing the EYLF, putting too much pressure on educators forcing many to leave this industry.. I think that it's all becoming way too much than necessary!

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Totally agree LA just thought it would interesting for some ppl to read and it may just answer some simple questions.

Wrote a whole reply that got wiped and cant be bothered to write it all again! lol :giggle:

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi- thanks fefe - I actually printed that article out and left it in the staff room at my old job as a not- so- subtle hint that the way they were interpreting the EYLF was way off!
LA I wholeheartedly agree with the points you made- its a real mess out there!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Sadly even Directors of centres and people higher up who have uni degrees seem to misinterpret the EYLF, so can't blame staff when the people who should be clarifying things cannot, there certainly seems a need to introduce some more specific guidelines within the EYLF