EYLF: Evaluation On A Follow Up Activity

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
char85

EYLF: Evaluation On A Follow Up Activity

Post by char85 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a educational leader at my centre and I have a lot of staff that I'm helping. I asking for advice on where maybe I could find a format on Evaluation on a follow up activity? I Have been slowly introducing to my staff anything new from EYLF and want to make sure we are all on the right track. my staff do great observations and put a follow up activity on their program but they don't evaluate which I want to give them a push with some kind format to follow. Does anyone have any advice to give me to help my staff.

Also another question O have been told 2 different ways of programming that reflects back onto the EYLF. example: each of my staff have a day throughout the week to program. If one staff member does planning on Wednesday would they plan for that day (Wednesday) to the following Wednesday or would they plan from the following week Monday to Friday? I want to also make sure I'm on the same page on everything too.

thankyou everyone :)
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: observation & evaluation

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am

When I did programming as a GL I would program Mon - Fri for the following week from when I got programming. I just find it easier if programming is done that way as it is easier to follow

char85

Post by char85 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 am

Hi fefe76,

That is how I thought that is what I did to when I was GL but I have been told by a director I know that if a GL plans on Wednesday they should plan from Wednesday to Wednesday or else it doesn't reflect back to the EYLF so just need some advice but glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks that.
thanks again

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am

Why won't it reflect back to the EYLF?
My opinion is as long as a program is in place for all days of the week and you can follow and link it back and reflect on it then it is fine.
I could be wrong but I have only ever done Mon - Fri programming regardless of what day I have my programming time. My brain likes order and Mon-Fri is the logical order in my head so that's how I have done it and I have never been questioned nor criticised for it

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi There,

It is easier to plan from Monday through to Friday then from Wednesday to Wednesday. Even when writing up the curriculum plan it's easier to do it weekly. Do you have daily dairies? Well if you do, your staff should be writing up follow up activities on this, which then can be added onto the following weeks program. This way when it comes to their programming time they already have the experiences in which they want to implement from the week and all they have to do is add onto the following weeks plan. Hopefully this makes sense.

When evaluating an activity it's important to detail whether or not the learning outcome was achieved and give examples on how the child achieved it through the experience. If you have a copy of the EYLF Educators Guide go to where each individual learning outcome is listed. From there you will see "it is evident when the child" and then it lists how the child can achieve each of the sub outcomes. Your staff can use these points as prompters when writing up the evaluation.

Have a look at the following EYLF documentation samples in the Online Tools.

Online Tools

Hopefully you can read what I'm talking about from here,

:geek:,
L.A