ECT's shifts can be set?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sunnyzhang

ECT's shifts can be set?

Post by sunnyzhang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:47 am

Hello everyone
Can I ask one question, please?

I was an ECT in the kindergarten room, so how many hours of programming can I have?

Another question is, I reviewed some websites that mention the ECT shifts. It should be the kindergarten children's programming time, but I can not find it now. I appreciate your help to find the link .

Best regards

Sunny

Lorina

Re: ECT's shifts can be set?

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:49 pm

As per the Educational Services Teacher's Award 2010:

An employee responsible for the preparation, implementation and/or evaluation of a developmental program for an individual child or group of children will be entitled to a minimum of two hours non-contact time per week. During non-contact time, an employee will not be required to supervise children or perform other duties as directed by the employer.

- You only get a minimum of 2 hours per week.

:geek:,
Lorina

micheleknepp

Re: ECT's shifts can be set?

Post by micheleknepp » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:53 pm

sunnyzhang wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:47 am
Hello everyone
Can I ask one question, please?

I was an ECT in the kindergarten room, so how many hours of programming can I have?

Another question is, I reviewed some websites that mention the ECT shifts. It should be the kindergarten children's programming time, but I can not find it now. I appreciate your help to find the link .

Best regards
uno online
Sunny
Hello Sunny! As I know, an employee responsible for the preparation, implementation, and/or evaluation of a developmental program for an individual child or group of children is entitled to a minimum of two hours non-contact time per week. During non-contact time, an employee will not be required to supervise children or perform other duties as directed by the employer.

Regarding your second question, I am not sure which websites you are referring to.