Broad Term Goals

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
LeahSteindl

Broad Term Goals

Post by LeahSteindl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi,
Would any-one have a copy or know where I can get a copy of broad term goals or developmental goals from. (they are usually coded, so you can code your program) I need them to cover children from birth through to 5years. I currently only have ones that are for older children.
I hope some-one is able to help me out.

Lorina

Re: Broad Term Goals

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Hello Leah,

I use the EYLF Learning Outcomes as broad goals for activities on my program and it also creates a link between the EYLF Framework and what play activities the children are interacting in. I have numbered each of the learning outcomes for e.g 1.4 and then wrote up each of the learning outcomes on a separate piece of paper which I put near the program. This helps staff and parents to determine which broad goals I'm using for the activities on my program. The best thing is you can use the learning outcomes for all ages birth to five years...

I hope this gives you an idea...

:geek:,
L.A

LeahSteindl

Post by LeahSteindl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm

thanks for the great idea....
Other than printing a copy off is there any way I can just just get a hold of the outcomes?? Im computer hasn't been working real good lately!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Leah,

Regarding the EYLF educator's guide, some of my friends received hardcopies of the EYLF Educators Guide through post directly to their centre from the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. They received them a couple of weeks ago so I'm presuming that you might probably receive yours shortly. I suggest you contact QLD PSC (Professional Support Co-ordinators) Health and Community Service Workforce Council Inc Phone: 1800 112 585 (QLD). They may be able to send you a hard copies of the EYLF Framework. You can give it a try.

I was also advised by admin that you were after some programming documentation. I have just written an article "EYLF Curriculum Planning & Documentation" to explain the EYLF Curriculum and there are some sample documentations that you may like to check out too. Hopefully this will give you an idea on how to begin implementing the EYLF at your centre, ideas on designing your own curriculum and other supporting documents you may need like child observation, daily diary etc.

You can find a sample in this article that I have created using my own style and through my understandings of the EYLF so far.

Please be advised that I am still following up with various senior childcare professionals to make sure that this article (including documentation) meets the requirements of the EYLF Framework. As I find out more, I will keep the article updated and also add further updates and suggestions in this forum under the topic "EYLF Programming & Planning" (which can be found in Supporting Childcare Workers at Work).

So have a read through it and let me know if you still have any further doubts. You are more than welcome to use my style if you wish and you can find the printables in pdf format available for you to use within the article itself.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A