Do Educators Need To Be Qualified To Open A Centre

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hope
Participator
Participator

Do Educators Need To Be Qualified To Open A Centre

Post by hope » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi just got a question. About if you have to have a qualified Child care worker to open the centre or any one who works in the centre can do it Please need answere so confussed and do the need to be certified

Lorina

Re: Do Educators Need To Be Qualified To Open A Centre

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:37 pm

When you open the centre children will arrive, so you need to have 2 educators to receive the children based on the morning ratios. All educators working with children need to have a cert 3 or actively working towards a cert 3 qualification from the 31 Dec 2015...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

hope
Participator
Participator

Post by hope » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Thank you for your help. Does answere some that after the 31 you only need to be studying for your cert 111 but be for then you need to be qualified is that right And don't need your supervicer certificate any more. May I ask were I can find the policy and procedure. For this please I've been looking every were thanks. Hope :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:38 pm

You mentioned a supervisor certificate? Services still need a person to be in charge with a "certified supervisor" as it says in the legislation, this doesn't change.

You can find more information in the National Regulations:

Education and Care Services National Regulations

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina