Traineeship? or finish Cert 3 first?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
oofaoz

Traineeship? or finish Cert 3 first?

Post by oofaoz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Hello - I'm new in this forum. Can someone give advises?

I applied a traineeship with more than half way through (9 out of 15) my Cert 3 in children's services at TAFE. At the interview, I was asked to change the training provider for completing my qualification. I am not sure now whether I would change the provider and do the traineeship or finish Cert 3 at TAFE then look for a job. Which one will it be better? Is it usual to change the provider middle of the study? I feel a little bit odd about it.

Hope someone help me.

Cheers.
oofaoz

Lorina

Re: Traineeship? or finish Cert 3 first?

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:24 pm

The advantage of doing a traineeship is that you get on the job experience and you get paid while you study. When doing assignments etc. since you will be working you will have an advantage because you are already having practical experience and you can gain a lot of support from staff etc. When finishing your cert 3 you will already have probably a years worth of experience working in an early childhood setting, which is an advantage when furthering your career in the future.

If work has asked you to change provider then I think it is because they have a particular tie up to a certain training institute. As long as you don't have to pay any fees then I guess it should be fine.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask I started off doing a traineeship.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A