Baby Sitting For 2-3 Kids At Home

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
palmore
Participator
Participator

Baby Sitting For 2-3 Kids At Home

Post by palmore » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi all,

Please advice me as I am new here, I am currently doing Cert III online,completed my theory part of all my units and have attended First aid, CPR training, waiting for my work placement. I want to know can I do baby sitting at my home for two to three kids as I have my own two years old baby ? or are there any other requirements for the same. Basically I want to know who can do baby sitting and requirements for the same.

Thank You,

Kindly help.
Pal.

Lorina

Re: Baby Sitting For 2-3 Kids At Home

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:12 am

Hi Pal,

Another option is you could possibly start up your own Family Day Care setting. It's basically setting up your home to cater for up to 7 children per day (including your own). You would also need to maintain the National Regulations, implement the EYLF through a program plan and observations etc. set up a part of your home to accommodate the children and more.

Here is some more information:

Starting A Family Day Care

There is also a topic discussion in the forum on how to start an FDC as well:

How To Start An FDC

Could this be something you're interested in doing?

:geek:,
Lorina

palmore
Participator
Participator

Post by palmore » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you for the information and your revert, I am actually looking to start FDC but may be after a year or so, as I am trying to get some expereince in child care and also as per the information you provided it needs proper house arrangments and lot of paper work to be done. So right now as I am home, I was just looking out if I can provide baby sitting service in my area for like two or three kids, two days or even for a one day in a week for the families who need someone to take care of their kids when they have some work to be done,so I am looking out for this option by the time I find some work for me and also as I have a baby there are few limitation while applying for jobs.

Any information or advice is apprciated.

Would like to say...this is a great site for new people like me...who needs to know lot of things and find information.

Thank you.
Pal. :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:17 am

Hi Pal,

Yeah I understand what you're saying... For babysitting I don't there is a specific limit on the number of children you can look after. I think it's based on how many you can handle at the one time. I've seen babysitters look up to 3-4 children at a time. I don't think there is any regulation for it... you can just offer your services to busy parents when they need it...

Here is some info though, not sure if it helps:

Babysitting/Nanny Employment

In the job listings there was a nanny/babysitter required for 3 children so I'm assuming that it' fine for you to look after more than 2 children if you would like.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

palmore
Participator
Participator

Post by palmore » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much...great help.

Pal :)

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi Pal,
There isn't any limit except for personal limitations. Unless you are going to be really cheap you might find parents prefer to get CCR+CCB and only pay the difference. Baby sitting in an informal setting is not regulated so you can do what you want. As far as Family Day Care you have already accomplished the majority of requirements and did you know you can start while you are studying your cert 111. If you already have a baby you will probably find your house is already baby proofed and as far as equipment goes, most schemes have equipment you can borrow till you get a steady income.
All the best
Linsaa fdc :wave:

palmore
Participator
Participator

Post by palmore » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi Linsaa,

That is really very useful information you have shared, thank you for your help and advice.

Pal :)