Task 2 Work Performance Examples CHCORG303A Participate effectively in the work environment

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jpp1

Task 2 Work Performance Examples CHCORG303A Participate effectively in the work environment

Post by jpp1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 am

Element 2 Review and develop own work performance

In relation to your work performance answer the following questions.

1. How would you ensure that your work environment is well – organized and safe in accordance with the relevant standards/policies?
Morning can someone tell me if i should be listing some standards/policies along with my answer and if my answer is ok.
Thanks so much.

As an assistant educator I am required to take reasonable care to protect children, myself and others in the
Workplace, by providing a high quilt work environment and a high standard of practice.
I have a clear understanding of my job description and what is expected from me.
I understand the importance of timetables, rosters, and associated duties. (How running late can affect the other educators.)
I will always arrive at work early so I can enter the service to start the day and to check the communication book.
I will ask for direction if unsure about tasks.
I have some strategies in place to help me through the day (Diary to forward plan, a to do list for extra jobs)
I know the system in place for the use of equipment and resources maintenance and correct storage.
I’m aware with where these resources are stored so that I can access them readily. Each morning I check what we will need for the day so that I can fetch more resources from the storage areas ahead of time if needed. Some of the resources we need to carry out the work duties will be related to health and safety such as disposable gloves or tissues sunscreen.
Other resources will be related to setting up the children’s learning environment according to the service’s program such as paints, brushes or flour for play dough.
Lack of resources can impact the ability to complete tasks effectively.
I have an understanding of not time wasting on trivial things.
I have learnt to say no.