Scenarios - Educator Strategies.

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Scenarios - Educator Strategies.

Post by nemodori » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Read each of the following scenarios and suggest a strategy that the educator could use to support the child social and emotional development.

Scenario 1:
Tilly (4yrs 6mnths) is crying because the other girls have excluded her from their play because Tilly was being too bossy and would not share the equipment.

Maybe educator can promote sharing and giving each other's turns?! Maybe something like.
Since Tilly is 4yrs old, she would understand if we tell her to share with her friends so that everyone could get a turn each..?

Scenario 2:
Harry (4yrs) is quiet and shy. He tends to talk so softly he can barely be heard. He usually talks with his head bowed.

Harry maybe has lack of confidence.. Educator could help him to look up and ask him to talk looking at the face to whom he is talking to.. Or have eye contact to whom he is talking to?

Scenario 3:
Clancy (4yrs 7mnths) complains that nobody ever listens to her. Clancy tends to talk over others and has a loud voice.

Educator could tell her to talk when others are quiet or done with talking, and not to talk over people when they are talking?

Scenario 4:
Arran (4yrs 4mnths) appears unaware of how others might be feeling. He does not seem to pick up on body language/facial expressions.

Hmm I'm not sure with scenario 4.
I am actually afraid of my answers being wrong.
Please help or correct me.

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Scenarios - Educator Strategies.

Post by nemodori » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Hey anyone who can correct me?

erin_1325

Re: Scenarios - Educator Strategies.

Post by erin_1325 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 pm

May i ask how you went with this one? i am also doing this question, and it is driving me crazy trying to thing of a strategy to help support Clancy social and emotional development.