Scenario: Physical Experiences & The Environment, Self Esteem

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Scenario: Physical Experiences & The Environment, Self Esteem

Post by Kaz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:40 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Care, Nurition and Safety
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1. Describe how you would set up the envirment and equipment to facilitate physical experiences and play for the ages of children in your care? (ages are 4months, 10months, 3years and 5years)

2. How would you foster self-esteem through self-help opportunities in relation to the children in your care?

3. Describe what your 'physical enironment' for the 2 babies in yuor care would look like?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. I have play forts for the older children along with sandpits for them all. For the 4month out I have put I woudl set up mobiles and try to use nature as much as i can.

2. this one I have no idea I am drawing a blank each time I look at it sadly :(

3. as a quite and seclusion area: Soft mat on floor with a mirror attached to the wall with under a window. movement area:Play mat or items such as "those play thingys that they can move ona wire"(sorry can't think of what they are called lol)... and i'd ensure there was clear area between the two as to curl or roll between....

Description and Message:
Any help would be great :)
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: self-esteem and area help!!

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:24 pm

For question 1 and 3 the experiences you have provided are fine for both questions and facilitate each of the age groups in physical activities. If you need more ideas check out Resources, Children Games and Activities... This will provide you with more experience and ideas for the age groups required.

For question 2 to foster self esteem through self help opportunities you can use positive encouragement. For example:

child putting on shoes - "I can see you're trying really hard to put your shoes on"

child washing hands - "You're doing a great job washing your hands"

child making bed - "Wow, you did it all by yourself"

child feeding themselves - "You must be very hungry. You;re eating everything up"

There is an article available in Resources, Childcare Professionals called Developing Positive Relationships With Children, you can get more ideas from here.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Scenario: Physical Experiences & The Environment, Self Esteem

Post by Kaz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks heaps L.A I have no idea why I was drawing blank tho :/ normally I am on it and have atleast 1 answer lol but this time i was unsure and 2nd guessing myself