Provide care to babies

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
becceb

Provide care to babies

Post by becceb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Provide care to babies CHCCN305B question 4
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Different cultures have different practices when it comes to hygiene issues. Provide examples of these practices.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have looked everywhere for information in this question and the best I can come up with is...
Spitting, in some cultures it is acceptable to spit (but to be honest I don't see that relating to hygiene) and in some Muslim cultures you use your right hand to eat and left for the toilet.
I have looked at so many websites so if anyone knows of anywhere to look I would be so grateful!!!

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Provide care to babies

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 am

I think that you need to choose a few cultures and research each of the hygiene practices from those specific cultures... I tried searching "cultural hygiene practices" as well and like you I couldn't find anything.. So break it down... Some cultures you can choose for different hygiene practices include: chinese, muslim, european, south american etc. Basically whatever cultures you can think of.. If you do it this way I think it will be alot easier...

:geek:,
L.A

becceb

Re: Provide care to babies

Post by becceb » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:19 am

Thanks so much, that helps heaps. Looking individually works perfectly