Practices Using NQS, Quality Area 5

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
melDollxx

Practices Using NQS, Quality Area 5

Post by melDollxx » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:29 pm

What I have to do..

Using the National Quality Standards, look at Quality area 5; Relationships with children.
Provide two work practices/strategies describing what you would say or do in the workplace to implement each of the indicators.

eg. Element 5.1.1: Interactions with each child are warm and friendly and are responsive to building trusting relationships.

Do I make up something..

The children have brought in some items from home for show and tell.. and then I ask questions about the items they have..

..Not sure..
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: Interact Effectively with children-Promote positive behaviour

Post by syakira » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:20 pm

you need to look at what strategies educators use to respond to children who are emotional.

Observe what happens at your centre when:

a new child has come, what strategies do educators use to help the child settle into childcare?

a child arrives in the morning but doesn't want to be there, what will you say or do to welcome them?

a child is not feeling well. What do you say or do?

a child wants their mum, what do you say or do?

So, you need to make observations at your childcare centre.