Family Background Impact Work With ATSI People

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
catnap
Helper
Helper

Family Background Impact Work With ATSI People

Post by catnap » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 am

Hi!
I am having difficulty with a Cultural Competence question....
The question is.... Explain how your family background might impact on your work with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children and their families?
I have to write at least 75 words and all I can think of so far is something along the line of my family background being brought up in an environment where I lived with a loving family and perhaps mentioning the impact of the Stolen Generation would have? Or does this sound like I am not on the right track here?
I am really stuck!
Any help would be appreciated, thanks kindly!

Lorina

Re: Family Background Impact Work With ATSI People

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Yes, you could write how you may feel empathy for ATSI people because of the Stolen Generation and what they have been through throughout history. You may have had a loving upbringing with your family and friends but for ATSI people including children, they had to endure many hardships etc.

Stolen Generation

:geek:,
Lorina

catnap
Helper
Helper

Post by catnap » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi Lorina,
thanks again for your help, as always appreciated. Yes, I was thinking something along the lines of empathy towards the Stolen Gen.
Cheers!
Lesley

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:10 pm

You're most welcome Lesley! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina