HLTOHS300BC - OHS Processes and OHS Signs

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
glaive
Participator
Participator

HLTOHS300BC - OHS Processes and OHS Signs

Post by glaive » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTOHS300BC Contribute to OHS Processes Assignment 4 & 5
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Task 4: For this task you must obtain a copy of the service's emergency evacuation policy and procedures as well as a copy of the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.

2. How does the service record drills / practices?
3. If it is determined that the evacuation plan needs to be adjusted, how is this determined and documented?

Task 5: OHS Signs - provide a brief explanation of their meaning and when they might be used.
Flammable Gas and Infectious Substances Signs...

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Task 4:
2. Emergency evacuation drills are recorded in writing. The form includes date and time of the drill, the number of children present, the duration of the drill, initials (or names) of all staff members present and any comments necessary.
3. Every evacuation plan must be reviewed annually in consultation with staff members, management, families and an expert (for example a member of the local fire brigade or emergency services). All agreed changes are to be documented. The center’s policy must reflect these changes as soon as possible to notify everyone involved.

Task 5:

Flammable Gas: Examples are methane, acetylene, and propane. These flammable chemicals can burn (or sometimes even explode) when they come in contact with oxygen or a source of heat. This can be used on containers filled with gas, such as camping / cooking fuel. Some heaters, stovetops use flammable gas. Also, some cleaning sprays contain these chemicals.

These contain viruses, bacteria or germs that can cause serious health effects including death. Examples: Hepatitis, foot and mouth disease and vaccines.

Description and Message:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently not working in a service, so I've accessed Fire and Emergency Policy from Holland Park Childcare Centre for task 4.
just wondering if I'm on the right track here...

As for task 5 I can't think of anything in a childcare centre that could be using those two signs - apart from what I've written.

Any input or guidance is muchly appreciated.

:D
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

CRS16

Re: OHS Processes and OHS Signs

Post by CRS16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:42 am

If anyone is after some help with assessments re; Cert3, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Children's Services- please send me a message.
I currently Teach all of these and am happy to help where needed :)
Also OSHC Cert and Diploma.

Ta

glaive
Participator
Participator

Post by glaive » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Subject line should be this: HLTOHS300BC Contribute to OHS Processes

Sorry :(

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your responses. You have included all the necessary details to the question.

For Task 5 I just thought of the aerosol cans and lighters which are both flammable. With the aerosol cans some centre may use them such as Glen 20 (to get rid of smells in the bathrooms and nappy change areas) as well as Mortein (bug sprays). Lighters may also be used when lighting candles for birthday cakes. This is all I can think of...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

glaive
Participator
Participator

Re: HLTOHS300BC - OHS Processes and OHS Signs

Post by glaive » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Sweet, thank you :)