Coordination unit

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Coordination unit

Post by MJ1991 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently studying cert 3 and am doing unit CHCECE014 Comply with family day care administration requirements and having a bit of trouble with it.
I came to this question: 'List the coordination units that you would need to liaise with to notify of vacancies'

I'm having a lot of trouble just finding out what a coordination unit is or who they are... I've found information on what they do e.g. "The main role of the coordination unit is to support and resource the highest standard of family day care for children. They are there to discuss your childcare needs, to provide information about child care and to assist you to find the right carer and environment for your child. They are also there to monitor your child’s wellbeing, learning and progress."

but I have no idea who they are... are there certain companies that do this? or I've picked up an idea from somewhere that a coordination unit is your local council?

Any help/advice you could give would be very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Melanie.

Lorina

Re: Coordination unit

Post by Lorina » Sun May 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Melanie,

Coordination units can be council run, private or company based. It depends on your area and which coordination unit you want to work with...

It sounds like you need to search your area for coordination units that you can join with... If you let me know your area I can find out for you...

Hope this helps,
Lorina

MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Post by MJ1991 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for that. :)

If you could that would be a huge help, thank you... I keep searching for all this stuff but I don't really know what I'm looking at.

My area is Cherrybrook NSW 2126 - Hornsby shire council.

Thank you again :)
Kindest regards,
Melanie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi Again Melanie,

I could really only find the following:

Waitara Family Day Care
The Infants Home

I'm sure there has to be more than this but nothing is really coming up on Google. Maybe you could contact FDC Australia and ask them:

Family Day Care Australia

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 30, 2016 12:35 pm

This one as well:

NSW FDC

:geek:,
Lorina

MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Post by MJ1991 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:04 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for that, it really helps. :)
I will contact Family Day Care Australia to see if there are any more but I think that might be it, as its not a huge area.

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Kindest regards,
Melanie Clymo