concept map

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
riddhi

concept map

Post by riddhi » Fri May 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to know how to do concept mapping? I am give 3 topics and I have to choose one. The topics are as follows:
1. Healthy growth and development
2. Toddlers development in the 6 areas of development ( I am interested in doing)
3. Infant development in the 6 areas of development.

I would be really greatful if anyone could help.

Thanks
Riddhi

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Re: concept map

Post by rosie. » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Riddhi,

To start off with, do a quick google images search for 'concept maps', this will give you an idea of what you need to produce format-wise.
To make this particular map, I would put 'Toddler development' in the centre, make links to the six areas, then do some research on the areas and add in the information. You might put branches off each of the six areas - milestones, activities to develop the areas, or whatever you find out. If there are any links between the areas, you should join these together with a line as well to signify linking concepts. I hope this makes sense!! Maybe you could make a start and repost, and I can give you some feedback on how it's looking

Rosie

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Re: concept map

Post by rosie. » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am

Also, you may have better luck next time posting in the assignments support section of whichever qualification you are doing :)

Rosie