Child Injured While Being Left Unattended

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
twomermaids

Child Injured While Being Left Unattended

Post by twomermaids » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm studying by correspondence and I'm wondering if someone could give me advise on an assessment question. If a carer walked away and left children unattended and a child was injured what could the carer do to demonstrate that she is accountable for her actions?
Thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lorina

Re: Child Injured While Being Left Unattended

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey 2mermaids,

no worries...I'll try to help you out..

When is your assessment due and how many words are you required to write on this?

:geek:,
L.A

twomermaids

Post by twomermaids » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks any suggestions would be great. I think I only have to write about a paragraph and I have no deadline. I'd just like some extra input on the subject.
Thanks once again

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi 2mermaids,

I got a suggestion...

When the child has an injury the carer needs to fill out an incident form which is then given to the parents. This incident form is the one that basically explains what happened during the incident / accident which caused injury to that child.

The incident report that you would need to fill out has a lot of detailed questions. Such as where was the child during the injury, where were each of the staff, how did the injury occur, what type of injury did the child have, first aid, etc etc. The carer should clearly state when filling out the form where she was at the time of the incident. In this instance "she walked away". This would make her accountable for her actions.

L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Just adding another suggestion. Yes, through the incident report the childcare carer will be able to justify that she is accountable for her actions.

Another point to consider, the child carer would need to present the incident report to the room leader (depending on position) or the authorised supervisor/director. They will also need to explain how the injury occured and will be asked how the incident happened. If the carer was a fault which caused the injury to the child, it will be dealt with accordingly by the centre. This could be in a form of a quick discussion with the director of the centre, a written warning (depending on how serious the incident is) or in serious cases further action can be taken.

L.A

twomermaids

Post by twomermaids » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Thanks so much. As I'm studying by correspondence I'm always getting stuck on questions. This has helped me a great deal.

Thihoang

Post by Thihoang » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi,can someone help me out with this question ,i can't find even in google that is
In Participate effectively in the work environment . The question is " what is the procedure for stock replacement ?". Thank you Very much.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Thihoang wrote:Hi,can someone help me out with this question ,i can't find even in google that is
In Participate effectively in the work environment . The question is " what is the procedure for stock replacement ?". Thank you Very much.

Please start a new topic for your assignment question in the correct forum.

L.A