CHCPR301C - Play & Physical Activity That Reflects Diversity

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Julz76

CHCPR301C - Play & Physical Activity That Reflects Diversity

Post by Julz76 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR301C
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Provide an example of an activity that could be used for play and physical activity that reflects cultural diversity. Be specific. Describe the activity, in detail. Indicate step-by-step what you would do and what you would get children to do. Identify any resources you would need. Explain how and why your activity would reflect and teach children about cultural diversity. Upload your answer for assessment.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Singing/sport/Dressups/Language/Cooking

I thought I would do sport as it is play and physical activity.
I could pick a sport from different nationalities and have pictures about the sport and describe the sport to kids and we could try play them.

Description and Message:
OK I am a little unsure what to do in this question.

I thought I would do sport as it is play and physical activity.
I could pick a sport from different nationalities and have pictures about the sport and describe the sport to kids and we could try play them.

Am I on the right track??
i thought of food and language but they are not physical activity.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Julie :-)
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR301C - Play & Physical Activity That Reflects Diversity

Post by cathiek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:22 pm

What about music and movement - there are lots of songs that reflect diversity and it is a physical activity. You could download some songs onto CD and play them for the kids. You could use ribbons for dancing or provide musical instruments for the kids to play. Research songs from different cultures and your could explain their significance to the culture.

Julz76

Re: CHCPR301C - Play & Physical Activity That Reflects Diversity

Post by Julz76 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Thankyou