CHCPR301C - Play Areas, Cultural Diversity, Environement

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kayz

CHCPR301C - Play Areas, Cultural Diversity, Environement

Post by kayz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Chcpr301c
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi I'm currently studying cert 3 and have just been given an assignment to answer questions for the unit provide experiences to support children's play , I've been away sick and haven't been given the resources to answer , the questions are and I'm hoping you could help : what different play areas should be planed ( for example exploratory play )? . How can you ensure that your play environment reflects cultural diversity of the children ? , how can you ensure the environment is stimulating ? In what ways can you acknowledge children's effort ? In what ways can you interact with children to encourage them to participate in different experiences , how can you provide interesting and varied natural outdoor space to encourage natural play ? How can you set up an experiences to encourage social play ? How can you ensure you don't show gender bias in a way you engage with the program ? How can you ensure that the program you offer is based on the children's individual needs and interests ?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I'm not to sure as I was never provided the supporting material and now my teacher won't reply to my calls or email

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Provide experiences to support children's play

Post by cathiek » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:09 pm

HI there
OK, I don't know the exact nature of the questions, considering resources were offered when you were away, but for types of play: imaginative (dramatic), sensory, small world, construction, outside play, quiet play etc could be included. Dramatic could include dress ups, dolls, home corner etc. Sensory could be coloured rice, shaving cream, leaves etc. Small world - train sets, animals, cars etc. Construction = blocks, duplo, mobilo. Outside - sandpit, obstacle course etc. Quet play - books puzzles
Cultural diversity, dolls, dress up clothes and books puzzles from other cultures
Stimulating, colourful, musical, variety of experiences
Interaction - get down to their level ask them questions to extend their play - what would be a good thing to add to the home corner?

I hope that is enough to get you started and might help you answer the other questions too. If you need more help, please put in what you have answered so far so we can help guide you.
Cathiek