CHCORG303B - Fun Day in the Park

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bellamy

CHCORG303B - Fun Day in the Park

Post by bellamy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Participate effectively in the work enviroment - CHCORG303A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Plan a fun day in the Park. If this is not possible than plan a day with other members in your service where all children can partake. I have to hold a formal meeting, keep minutes, set aim goals for the day, formalise procedures, how you worked within a team, conflict resolution, problems, submission letter, how yoy met deadlines, evalution against aim, feedback from children and parents who attended. I have no idea about any of this.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have know idea how to go about this, as i am 50 years of age and my children have grown up and left home. I don't work in a centre to arrange all this Can any one suggest or help me go about this please

Description and Message:
I so badly need heep with this
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic heading edited.

Chaz

Re: NEEDING HELP

Post by Chaz » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Hello there,
I am new to the forum as of today, I am a student who is studying Cert III in Childcare.

In regards to your question, try and either contact a Childcare centre, or try and contact the council in regards to some mothers groups
in your local suburbs. They also may be able to help you further.

Hope this helps.

Chaz

bellamy

Post by bellamy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks for your ideas, I tried the childcare centres in my area they were not interested in helping a bit sad. Thanks for trying to help

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Post by rosie. » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi bellamy, or anyone out there who may be attempting this question or have done it...
I've been trying to think of ways to do this without actually having to go to all the trouble it sounds like! I just don't have time! Has anyone just made it all up?

Also, could someone who is authorised please change the heading, just in case someone else can help?
'CHCORG303B Fun Day in the Park' would be great thank you!

Lorina

Re: CHCORG303B - Fun Day in the Park

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah, I think it will be fine to make this up, just as long as you make sure that you answer all parts of this question. I don't think it is necessary to go through all the trouble to actually "plan" and take a group of children to the park...

Have you attempted any part of the question so far, add it so I can help you out with the rest...

Just pretend to plan this outing and answer the questions. For example what would the formal meeting be about (which park to go to, ratios, getting there, timings, asking parents permission etc), goals (why you want to take the children to the park, use the EYLF outcomes), procedures of the outing etc. If you are working in a childcare centre have a look at the excursion policy this should help you with this question...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

iceman

Post by iceman » Tue May 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi I just joined the forum today and also having difficulty answering this question as the staff in the centre I am doing my work placement in are so busy and I don't want to take them away from there paid jobs to help me out.

Thanks in advance

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Tue May 07, 2013 7:12 pm

I agree with LA - there are a lot of us who already work in Childcare/Kindys etc who would be happy to help you out.
I am a Kindy teacher and the things I would discuss at a meeting is how many adults do you have going, how are we getting there, purpose for visit (ie have we been looking at environment and want to show them natural playscapes etc), what first aid quals do we have, are there any kids with allergies such as bee stings that could be potential issues, are there hazards such as lakes etc. provisions made for food, drinks, sunscreen etc. Then when all the details have been worked out, put this in a letter to parents.
If this helps you get started, just make up what you are going to do, numbers etc and answer these sorts of questions and post it on the forum. We can then give you more guidance once you have made a start.
Cathiek