CHCIC301E - LO/5: Supporting Children Using Evidence Examples

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mlj1987

CHCIC301E - LO/5: Supporting Children Using Evidence Examples

Post by Mlj1987 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC301E Interact effectively with children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Access a copy of Belonging, Being and Becoming: The early years learning framework for Australia from the website: http://www.deewr.gov.au/earlychildhood
This is a nationally endorsed framework for guiding early childhood practice.
A: read outcome 5: children are effective communicators
B: choose 2 of the 5 evidenced examples and explain how you could support children with these skills based on what you have learned from this unit of competency.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I'm not even sure how to begin to answer this question. One of the outcomes is titled: children engage with a range of texts and gain meaning from these texts. Eg listen and respond to sounds and patterns in speech stories and rhymes in context.
So does this mean if I am to support a child with these skills, one way I could do it would be to play music etc?

Am I even on the right path?

Thank you to anyone who can help!!

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC301E - The early years learning framework for Australia

Post by cathiek » Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Children engage with a range of texts can include things like you reading big books to the children, reading posters, reading small books, reading recipes, informational posters, reading words on the computer etc. Many of the books for younger children rhyme and have simple repetitive language so the child can 'read' along with you.
Even reading someone's name on their artwork is engaging with texts, so there are many ways to support this, reading to a whole group, a small group, an individual, encouraging children to read signs and their name and their friends name. In the EYLF documentation, it gives examples of ways children show that their learning is evident such as... being able to chant rhymes and join in with class reading of a familiar book.
Hope this helps

Mlj1987

Re: CHCIC301E - The early years learning framework for Australia

Post by Mlj1987 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 am

Thank you so much! I just wasn't sure if I was understanding the question properly. :) motivation gets lost when I get stuck on a question and this forum has been a huge support. I'm doing this by flexible delivery through tafe and my teacher is only available to answer emails etc 8 hours a WEEK. so it can be days before I get a response. Thankyou again! You all do a wonderful job helping.