CHCIC301E - Listening Attentively, Respect Cultures, Caring For Infants

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
CaitlynLee96

CHCIC301E - Listening Attentively, Respect Cultures, Caring For Infants

Post by CaitlynLee96 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC301E- Interact effectively with children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Assessment Item 1-

6. Explain how you can ensure you are listening attentively to what a child has to say.
7. How can we respect communication styles from different cultures?
8. List some ways we can build relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents/educators?
9. In caring for babies what sort of things should the educator know to provide a sence of stability and continuity between home and childcare?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I havent attempt these questions.

Description and Message:
-From My Other Mum Training College-
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC301E - Listening Attentively, Respect Cultures, Caring For Infants

Post by cathiek » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Can you try and answer the questions so we can see what you have done and then give you some guidance?
To get you started I would say for 6. Explain how you can ensure you listen attentively - you could get down to their height, look at them when they are talking to you and repeat back to them so they can see you have understood, using positive body language. (Ie: don't yawn and start to turn away)
You can google and find out lots of information about the other questions. Let us know what you have got and we can help you from there.

CaitlynLee96

Re: CHCIC301E - Listening Attentively, Respect Cultures, Caring For Infants

Post by CaitlynLee96 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 am

thanks and i will try and answer questions in the future.