CHCHILD401B - Relating Child Protection & Anti Discrimination Act To EC

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jpp1

CHCHILD401B - Relating Child Protection & Anti Discrimination Act To EC

Post by jpp1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:49 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Cluster 2 Legislation CHCHILD401B
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
In approximately two sentences explain how each of the following relates to your work as an educator in a childrens service. How would you implement the current document into your work role?.

4. Child Protection Act 1999.
Part 3 on page 30 and 31

6. Anti-discrimination Act 1991.
Look up section 7) (1) (e)

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Answers
4.It clearly defines who is child, parent etc.
• It makes an idea about harm and which child needs protection from harm.

Every childcare centre should keep a copy of child protection act in the Centre, so they can access this document at all times. Educators must be aware of and alert to indicators of risk of harm and be able to reconise and report concerns.

6.• In childcare this Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of the following attribute Breast feeding
• This Act promote equality of opportunity for everyone by protecting them from unfair discrimination in certain areas of activity, including work, education and accommodation.

Mothers should be supported in Breast feeding an educator can make a parent feel comfortable to come into the service to feed, the educator should be educated on the correct procedures for handling and storing breast milk

Description and Message:
Hi everyone can anyone give some help on this for me i looked up the acts just not sure if my answers are right
feel unsure do i need to add more or re word my answers
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCHILD401B - Relating Child Protection & Anti Discrimination Act To EC

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:30 am

You can also include:

4) Provides description of what and how harm can be caused to a child. Enables educators to protect children by understanding how harm can be caused to a child.

5) :thumbup:

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A