CHCFC301A - Teaching Children & Role Model Langauge

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
CaitlynLee96

CHCFC301A - Teaching Children & Role Model Langauge

Post by CaitlynLee96 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC301A- Support the Development of Children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Disagree or Agree, Why?

1. Three years of age is a good time to start teaching children about language.
2. Parent who role model language and literacy skills are subconsiously developing their children's concepts and skills.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have completed the other questions, but im stumped on these two..

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCFC301A - Teaching Children & Role Model Langauge

Post by cathiek » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Well these are agree/disagree questions. So what do you think and why. For instance for question 2, you might agree that parents who model these skills are developing their children's concepts and skills and then you would need to back it up with why, for instance if a parent reads to their child regularly and is seen by the child reading themselves, this is a good model for reading for enjoyment. Also if a parent points out environmental print such as street signs the children will learn that these signs have a meaning and they can begin to work out the meaning of various signs/labels etc.

CaitlynLee96

Post by CaitlynLee96 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:46 am

thanks for the help :)

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:36 am

Your Question?Disagree or Agree, Why?1. Three years of age is a good time to start teaching children about language.
****It is asking why you agree or disagree, so I can't see there being a wrong or right to these questions, it's YOUR OPTION from what your life has brought you or what YOU know to be true....

Due to MY personal life I have to disagree with question 1, only b/c my middle child from birth understood and than spoke 2 languages and some words wld only be of the 'other' language not English. I recall taking my child to daycare for the first time at the age of 2 1/2 and forgetting to tell them of set words the child didn't know in English, they had a hard time at group and meals times as my child would not sit, as sit/sit down was not one of the English words. It was a eye opener for the small centre but a good one. :)