CHCECE001 - Environments That Support Cultural Identity

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
annes

CHCECE001 - Environments That Support Cultural Identity

Post by annes » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:25 pm

hi there i would ike to ask this question if im in the right track?

assessment two project 2 Environments that support cultural identity

q.a. how did your active learning environment contributed to encouraging children to respect all cultures and to celebrate cultural differences?

ans.
We encourage children to join our activity and sports to experience the differences of other culture. We shared foods, music, dance and we shared culture communication through the event of day to day life.

b. how did your active learning environment contributed to the children's own cultural identity?

We talked about tradition and history

c. how did your active learning environment contributed to the children's cross-cultural understanding?

we use games, story books and songs to help the children to develop their understanding

d. how did your interactions support children's strong sense of identity, wellbeing and being connected with and contributing to their world?

we support children to create a strong connection to the community during their development by providing them the chance to communicate with other children, families and services

e. what did you observe about the children's interaction and participation with each other to enable effective communication and learning in group ( cross cultural communication) ?

children's are usually shy at their first day at any centre but when they feel secure and make good relationship with the carer they start to join with other children and become strong to handle their emotional wellbeing.

f. how consideration was given to the children's family culture, heritage, background and traditions?

parents discuss the possible ways of parenting at home and shared tradition such as vules and beliefs

g. how you respected and supported home language and widened children's exposure to different language and dialects?

we put different languages on the wall, books, songs and cultural symbols

Lorina

Re: CHCECE001 - Environments That Support Cultural Identity

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:00 pm

annes wrote:QR_BBPOST q.a. how did your active learning environment contributed to encouraging children to respect all cultures and to celebrate cultural differences?

You need to be more specific - cultural posters on the wall, celebrating multicultural events, having resources from different cultures (doll dress up from different countries, adding chopsticks in home corner, books on different families on the bookshelf, music instruments from different countries etc.)
annes wrote:QR_BBPOST b. how did your active learning environment contributed to the children's own cultural identity?

What tradition and history? Whose? Who said what? What did the children say?

I think all your answers are very general they need to be more specific, you need to add more details more information...

:geek:,
Lorina

annes

Post by annes » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:37 pm

thanks Lorina

Ria1983

Post by Ria1983 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:35 am

Hi I'm on this assignment to and was just wondering if you were required to do 3 activities?

I need to do 3 activities and i am at a loss as to what i could do. I was told they had to reflect on the children in my rooms we have a few children from Africa and i think my other educator said one of the children was from Malaysia.

Any help would be great thank you.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Maybe you could incorporate a game/song or even cook foods from Africa or Malaysia. You could even share photos, have discussion with the children about the clotes they wear, the foods they eat, popular monuments in Africa or Malaysia.

:geek:,
Lorina

Ria1983

Post by Ria1983 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Thank you for that