CHCCS400C - Scenario: Parent Complaint About Family

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jodylee_xx

CHCCS400C - Scenario: Parent Complaint About Family

Post by Jodylee_xx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Scenario 3:
You are out one night with work colleagues from your service, when you see one of your parents from the centre. The parent comes over to your work group and starts talking about other families at the service. She mentions that she has seen one family that attends the service lock their 3 children, under the age of 10 outside the home on weekends for extended periods of time.

How would you deal with this situation at the time ? What would you say ?

What concerns do you have with this situation ? Relate your answers to relevant legal and ethical guidelines

How would you deal with the information the parent has shared with you ?

I have started the first question but I am having trouble with the next two, and finding information to source from.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I would stop the parent and inform them that all carers at our service have a legal obligation to keep our information, about families, confidential. Carers have to respect all families culture and beliefs, and remain confidential about any information received and given to families.

Description and Message:
Please help, I feel like im going in circles with this part of the assessment. :?
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Childrens Services

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:39 pm

For your first question, I would also suggest that if she has any concerns regarding a family that she should inform the director during the week.

For the second question, here is a link to a topic within the forum on the Code of Ethics, which may help.

CHCCS400C - Key Areas Covered by Code Of Ethics

For the third question, maybe you can just mention this to your director about what the parent mentioned. If the parent notifies the director then it should be dealth with.

Have a look through the policies and procedure manual at your work and you should be able to find policies on this.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Afroditaser

Anybody can help me?!

Post by Afroditaser » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:18 am

I need to contact with Administrator

Do know anybody him contacts?

Lorina

Re: Anybody can help me?!

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Afroditaser wrote:I need to contact with Administrator

Do know anybody him contacts?

Are you referring to the Admin on this site? Use the following form to contact the Admin.

Contact Admin

:geek:,
L.A