CHCCS400C - Permission to Attend Excursions

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Annejean

CHCCS400C - Permission to Attend Excursions

Post by Annejean » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Chccs400c. Excursion
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
You are about to go on an excursion and one child doesn't have the consent form filled in.. The parent realized when they got home and now have run up to give a verbal permission. What is my response. Please refer to the education and care services national regulations

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
No they can not go, as we do need the permission slip signed. Unless they can fax this through to us??

Description and Message:
Am I on the right track. Sorry!!!
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Cert 3 children services

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:38 pm

According to the National Regulations, the parent must sign the permission slip in order for the child to attend the excursion. However, I'm not too sure if this is correct but if a parent gives consent over the phone verifying with 2 staff members (including director) allowing the child to attend the excursion, the director may be able to sign the permission slip for the parent. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure...

:geek:,
L.A

Annejean

Re: CHCCS400C - Permission to Attend Excursions

Post by Annejean » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks, I can't see any information saying they can go unless permission slip is signed, so I'm going with that :):):)