CHCCN305B - Knowledge Questions Based On Regulations In EC

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jpp1

CHCCN305B - Knowledge Questions Based On Regulations In EC

Post by jpp1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN305B provide care for babies
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
3. Bill has changed Erica (6 months) and has a bag of soiled clothing to send home with her that day. Bill decides that the best place to put the soiled clothing is in Erica’s bag. This is in breach of the regulations because:
a/ The child’s bag is not considered to be a hygienic or safe way of storing the soiled items.
b/ Erica’s mum has asked that the soiled items be soaked in a tub at the service
c/ The staff at the service complain that Erica’s bag smells
d/ All of the above

5. In accordance with current Education and Care Services National Regulations legislation, how many “properly constructed nappy changing benches” are required in a service caring for under three’s?

a/ 1

b/ 2

c/ 3

d/ 4

7. Sarah takes her group of toddlers to the local library each week. As the excursion is a regular outing, to meet with legislative requirements set by the Education and Care Services National Regulations how often does Sarah need to gain authorisation from the children’s parents/guardians?

a/ every 6 months
b/ each week prior to the excursion
c/ once in a 12 month period
d/ only at the initial enrolment

10. Claude (12 months) had a fall from one of the climbing structures at the service and suffered a bruised shoulder. Amy, the educator, forgot to tell Claude’s parents when they picked him, so she called them that evening before she left work. Was Amy in breach of the regulations?

a/ Yes because the parent of a child being educated and cared for by the service must be notified as soon as practicable after the incident

b/ No because the parent of a child being educated and cared for by the service can be notified within 24 hours after the occurrence

c/ Yes because the parent of a child being educated and cared for by the service can sue the centre if they are not informed immediately of an incident or accident

d/ No because the staff member had a very good reason as to why she did not notify the parents immediately after the incident

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
for Q3 my answer is A

for Q5 my answer is B

for Q7 my answer is A

for Q10 my answer is B

Description and Message:
Can anyone please let me know if i have answered these questions correctly before i send my answers in.

thankyou :thumbup:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: knowledge questions

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 am

I think it's alright! Makes sense too me! If you went through the regulations to find the answers then you're on the right track! If not, I can upload you a copy...

:geek:,
L.A