CHCCN305 - Scenario: Almas (5 months)

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chichen26

CHCCN305 - Scenario: Almas (5 months)

Post by chichen26 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Chccn305b provide care for babies
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi I am not sure if I am on the right track with answering my assessment can anyone help???

this is the question

Almas (5 Mths)
Almas is having difficulty coping in the child care setting. Even though the carer has tried to follow Almas home routine she tends to be restless and fretful durning the day, sleeping for only short periods of time. Her parents report that she is not sleeping at night and they are becoming sleep- deprived.

So you have to read scenario and suggest teh carer strategies that could be used to respond to or support the infant and the family

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
You would talk to the family and find out if there is a comfitor or something similar they can bring in or maybe Aimas is teething so maybe try some pain relief, maybe try a new routine or a day without a routine and follow Aimas lead as to when to do things.

Description and Message:
Hoping someone can help I am finding it hard as I have very limited time to sit down and do assessment I need to finish this one by the 6th of May if anyone can help I would be very grateful ... I am studying with brisbane north institute of tafe if anyone else is would love to brain storm with you this is my last assessment in the health saftey and care cluster

thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Chccn305b provide care for babies

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Yes I think you're on the right track with your response... You can also include:

- Changing her bedtime routine (going to sleep a little later)
- Spending more one on one time with carer
- Providing her with more stimulated activities
- Limiting her day sleep to one

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

chichen26

Re: CHCCN305 - Scenario: Almas (5 months)

Post by chichen26 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 pm

thank you