CHCCN302A Provide care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ena

CHCCN302A Provide care for children

Post by Ena » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Im doing task 2 of the assignment and i cant find much information in regards to senario 2 here is my question.Descibe how you would respond with actions and words: The senario: The preschool children are being encouraged to write their own names, or as close as possible on their paintings. One of the workers bursts out laughing when fleur writes FLx on her painting, takes the brush off her and corrects her spelling. Im not sure if i am suppose to write a response about the child or the childcare worker or both what are the correct procedure and response to this??

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHCCN302A Provide care for children

Post by Steffelz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi Ena, Im new to this site, and to my cert3, I am also currently busy with the same assignment as you. Im not sure I can be of much help but ill try. I would say the response would be about both the child and the worker and then maybe the whole situation, i guess you should keep in mind that your answer should be focussed on being fair and sensitive to everyone involved, Im not sure though. I hope I helped

Ena

Post by Ena » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:21 pm

where do u think i would find more information?

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Steffelz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm

What textbooks do you have? if they are different to mine ill have a look in mine for you

Ena

Post by Ena » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:31 pm

i dont have any text books, which one do u think i need??

Ena

Post by Ena » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

i just have disks with information on them, i didnt realise that we needed textbooks.

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Steffelz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:47 pm

It depends on who you are studying with, I know a bunch of people and we are all studying with different places and all have different types of resources, I have 2 text books, and I also use the National Childcare Accreditation Council ( www.ncac.gov.au) and I search for sites on google, that will have info. Out of the 2 Text books I have, Ive only ever used the one, its been pretty good. its called The Big Picture, by Karen Kearns and its Published by Pearson. I am interested in getting more textbooks that would help me with my studying but I have no idea about what Id get or where to get them, i should put a post up here.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 am

We should never laugh at a child's attempt at doing anything even if wrong. I come from the Montessori background where u NEVER say no to a child if he does something incorrectly, U at a later time show him the correct way to do the task.
In this case Fleur should have been told good job for trying to write your name u did the F and L so beautifully maybe we can practise doing your name together later and I can show u how to do the rest.
Laughing at a child is terrible and even though they are children it affects their esteem and confidence....we never want to stifle these in a child.
Its the same as if we did something wrong imagine if a colleague just burst out laughing...how embarressed and horrible we would feel...its no different for a child

Birth to big school by Kearns & Austin - Recommended for Cert 3 & Diploma

The big picture by Kearns & Austin - Recommended for Cert3 & Diploma

Frameworks for Learning and Development - Recommended for Diploma but useful to have

The business of childcare by Kearns & Austin - Recommended for Diploma but probably only of use if you wish to advance to Director level

Ena

Post by Ena » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:15 pm

thank you very much. great help

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 pm

no probs, always happy to help where I can