CHCCN302A- educator to child ratios for 2-5 years

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jordynBee

CHCCN302A- educator to child ratios for 2-5 years

Post by jordynBee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN302A Provide Care for Children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hello :)
I need some assistance with educator to child ratios. My question is there are 24 children aged between 2-5 years of age. According to the education and care regulations 2011 what is the educator to child ratio for this age group.

1) One educator to 7 children 2-5 years
2) Two educators to 12 children 2-5 years
3) Three educators to 24 children

Please help as I am feeling a little overwhelmed

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
i thought the answer was one educator to 7 children but i was wrong. so just a little confused.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: educator to child ratios for 2-5 years

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Just had a quick look at the "Education & Care Services National Regulations" and it states the following:
Educator to child ratios—children aged over 24 months to 13 years. The educator to child ratios applying to a centre-based service are as follows—

(a) for children aged more than 24 months but less than 36 months—1 educator to 6 children;
(b) for children aged more than 30 months but less than 36 months—1 educator to 8 children;
(c) for children aged at least 3 years but not more than 6 years—1 educator to 12 children;
(d) for children aged at least 4 years but not more than 6 years—1 educator to 13 children;
(e) for children aged at least 4 years but not more than 13 years—1 educator to 12 children.

Hope This Helps,

:geek:,
L.A

debzo
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCN302A- educator to child ratios for 2-5 years

Post by debzo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 am

Hi
It seems confusions can occur when age groups are mixed. I believe the ratio drops down to the youngest age present in the group. So, for instance, if you have a child under three with a group of four year olds the ratio would drop down from 12 to 8.

Hope that adds something

Deb