CHCCHILD401A - Defining child abuse in the legislation

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kimmerz

CHCCHILD401A - Defining child abuse in the legislation

Post by Kimmerz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: ss166
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
a. How is “sexual abuse” defined in the legislation?

c. How does the legislation define serious psychological harm?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
a.Anything of a sexual nature between an older person and a child. Inappropriate conversations/talking.

c.As Child abuse and a child who is in need of protection

I've searched and reread but I don't find the exact does, what is abuse, not the definition of sexual abuse. So even if someone gave me the right page or section or where is it is near. I have been stuck on this a while and it's all that is keeping me from finishing the unit.

Thanks in advance,
Kim

p.s. im in Queensland

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCHILD401A Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Kim,

I think for this question you will need to refer to the Child Protection Act 1999 for the definition of child abuse. In the legislation it refers to the NQS quality area 2- Children's Health and Safety, however it doesn't give the information you are after. In regards to the legislation on child abuse it will refer back to the Child Protection Act so I think you can use the information detailed in there itself.

Here is the link for info on the Child Protection Act 1999:

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/child ... hild-abuse

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

sjami

Re: CHCCHILD401A - Defining child abuse in the legislation

Post by sjami » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:23 pm

hi i really need help in this question

what ethical obligations do you have as stated in the NCAC's (national childcare accreditaion council inc) QIAS (quality improvements and accreditation system) principals, services/centre policy and procedures, service aggrements, ECA codes of ethics, childcare regulations 2003?