CHC30708 Task 3 Respecting Differences

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
SnowWhite

CHC30708 Task 3 Respecting Differences

Post by SnowWhite » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 am

Hey Guys
I need some help with this assignment

Asha, Sari and Rena (4.6 yrs-5 yrs) are playing in home corner. each girl has a doll and each is assigned the role of mother.
the girls are preparing themselves and their babies for an outing. using the dress up materials the girls put on dresses, jewellery and hats. they talk about the shops they will visit and where they will have coffee.
Asha reminds the others that they need to pack a bag with spare nappies bottles bibs and clothing for their babies.
each girl tucks her doll into a pram and hangs a handbag over the handle. just as they were about to leave Jaden (4.3 yrs) comes into the area: "What are you doing?"
'we're mothers and we're taking our babies to the shops'. says Sari
'I'll get a baby and i'll come too'. says Jaden
'No, dads don't go to the shops with the babies they stay home and mow the lawn!' says Asha
'No they don't!' says Jaden
'Well you cant come with us 'cause your a boy!' Says Sari
the educator, having listened to the children's comments decides to intervene

A) what can the educator say to the children to promote a non sexist attitude among the children?
B) suggest one follow u[ experience or strategy that the educator could put in place to address the gender bias

Help Please