CHC30708 - Minimize Accidents and Injuries to Children In Care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ria.joanne

CHC30708 - Minimize Accidents and Injuries to Children In Care

Post by ria.joanne » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: chc30708 cert III in children's services
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Describe three strategies that you currently use that demonstrate how you attempt to minimise accidents and injuries to children in your care. (Strategies may include routine practices or rules for children)

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I've research on the internet and read the book. so far no good :(

Description and Message:
can anybody help me with this?
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: assignment

Post by cathiek » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:07 pm

HI
I would think these would be basic things like: ensuring the children are aware of and that you monitor that they are following the rules in relation to playground play. For instance, discuss with the children why it is safe to only go down the slide one at a time and discuss what could happen if they did not, and then monitor their play to ensure they keep to this.
Another would be - reporting and removing/isolating dangerous items that you notice. For instance, if you notice a cracked path that is sticking up on the children's bike path, rope off this area, ensure children are told and monitor their play and report the concern according to the centre's policies.
Hope this helps
Cathiek