CHC1301E - Emotions, Understanding of Self & Extending Play

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ckjeya

CHC1301E - Emotions, Understanding of Self & Extending Play

Post by ckjeya » Sat May 11, 2013 10:52 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCI301E and CHCPR301C Supporting Educational Practice
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
1. How do talk with children about their emotions and responses with a view to supporting their understandings of self and others?
2. Discuss and provide examples of ways that you have contributed to and supported/extended children's play.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. By showing genuine affection and understanding and respect for all the children. I also document their daily activities like the papers with their palm prints or the sheet they wrote ABCD on the wall to showcase to parents about the development in the child's literacy skills. This also ensures that all children experience pride in their attempts and achievements. I will talk with children about their emotions and responses to events with a view to supporting their understandings of emotional regulation and self-control. Acknowledge and affirm children's effort and growth and this help them recognise the contributions they make to shared projects and experiences.

2. Four tables were set up, each with different activities. After each activity is completed, that particular group of children will be moved to another table for another activity. During these activities I usually ask the children open-ended questions. These activities are designed to engage the children in an interactive learning environment that will improve their literacy and mathematical skills while they also learn more about team work and working efficiently together in a collaborative environment.

Description and Message:
Hi there
My teacher asked to elaborate the answer by giving more examples. I request you to kindly give me the answers for these two questions. I don't know how to answer? thanks.

regards
Jeya
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 17, 2013 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Certificate III in Children Services

Post by Lorina » Fri May 17, 2013 12:26 am

We are not here to provide you with the answers. However, I will help you with your questions.

For question 1, you could also talk to the children about their emotions. How sometimes we feel happy, sad, angry, surprised etc. Show images/posters of different emotions. Get children to discuss different situations where they felt different emotions. Take photos of the children displaying different emotions.

For question 2, an example of extending on children's play can be - if children are showing interest in wild animals a way to extend on it can be adding animal figurines to block area, adding animal books on the book shelf, discussing different animals during group time etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A