cert 111

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
corky

cert 111

Post by corky » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: chcpr303D develop understandind of children's interests and developmental needs
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
gather information about 3 children using several methods of recording include anecdotal, running records and any informal methods use this information to contribute suggestions for program planning

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
bare with me I'm an oldie I have worked with kids over 30 years and now I'm having to study to keep working with children. I just don't understand what I'm supposed to record. I observe all the time at work, I see a need e.g. a child is interested in something particular and I try and include it in future programs. a child is lacking in confidence and we do things that encourage confidence; but I'm not required to document. Ive looked at samples of anacdotal, running records ect but I still don't get what I'm supposed to put where. Can anyone help me

Description and Message:

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: cert 111

Post by cathiek » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Corky - I too was an 'oldie' when I studied - so don't stress there are lots of us :)
With your observations you just need to record stuff that you may have instinctively done over the years.
For instance - if you are observing Johnny play with the blocks, you might observe that in relation to developmental needs that he only plays on his own, that at best he parallel plays near other children and this tells you where he is developmentally at present. You could also include ideas to encourage him to play with others by adding items of interest to the blocks that he would need to work with others to construct (large cardboard tubes for tunnels etc) In relation to interests, you might note that Angela likes playing 'cooking' in the sandpit and you could use this to suggest program planning of real cooking experiences or suggest items that could be added to her sandpit play or incorporated in the home corner to help with these experiences. If you were doing explicit teaching this could lead to measurement (ingredients) healthy eating etc.
Another great method of observation is a learning story & there is heaps of info on that on this site.
Good luck
Cathiek

corky

Post by corky » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:25 am

thanks Cathiek
I will lokk at it again and see what I can come up with

CheersCorky

RoslynTolcher

Post by RoslynTolcher » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 am

You could also include parents input,child's interest as well in that question.