ACTIVELY GUIDE AND ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO UNDERTAKE A VARIETY OF DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE ACTIVITIES

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Julz76

ACTIVELY GUIDE AND ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO UNDERTAKE A VARIETY OF DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE ACTIVITIES

Post by Julz76 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR301C - PROVIDE EXPERIENCES TO SUPPORT CHILDREN’S PLAY AND LEARNING
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Select two materials/ resources and explain how they can be used flexibly to meet children’s individual preferences.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Dressups - can be turned into a shop for the children to play, they can use art to create posters and price tags for the store and create money for purchases.

Description and Message:
I only really have the one example as above so far.
Is this correct am Ion the right path?? I am not to sure I understand the question properly.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Julie :-)

Lorina

Re: ACTIVELY GUIDE AND ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO UNDERTAKE A VARIETY OF DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE ACTIVITIES

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Yes I think dress ups is a good one... they could also be used as dancing costumes, fashion shows, imaginative play etc...

A few other resources I think are flexible:

- building blocks (building, counting, comparing, weighing)
- puzzles (naming objects on the puzzle, counting the pieces, eye/hand co-ordination)
- story books (reading, looking for objects, questioning, informing)

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A