Length of bachelor degree

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
law92
Helper
Helper

Length of bachelor degree

Post by law92 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:26 am

I'm about to start my bachelor of education (e.c.) next month and I've been working in my new job for a while now and I'm loving it. However, lately I've just started to feel a bit down as I'm really sick of working as an assistant and it just feels like the degree will take ages to complete and get a teaching job which is what I really want to do.
There's also a full on teacher at work and is always bossing everyone around and it feels like I always have to be going and doing things every minute of my shift and it's stressful. The director on the other hand is really laid back and easy going but she's away all this week and so I have to work with this crazy intense teacher. Good on her for being passionate about her job, but it's a bit overboard.
I thought about maybe getting RPL for a diploma when I've done some uni so I can do some GL work, but I don't want to get roped into doing too many hours as I'm doing uni full time.

Has anyone else felt that the degree took them ages? Or did it go quickly? I'm just a bit worried as it is a 4 year course and that just seems like a long time to get to my goal of being a teacher.

Lorina

Re: Length of bachelor degree

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:22 am

It seems like you're stuck in a rut basically. You're ready to do your own thing but you're stuck because you're not qualified to move on from an assistant position. Four years does seem like a long time but it goes by very very quickly. Especially if you're doing full time uni, it's all going to fly by and before you know it, you will be a teacher, running your very own room, implementing your own ideas!

Also on the ACECQA site, it says if you have finished 50% of your approved ECT qualification, you can be counted as an early childhood teacher. So, this means you only have to finish 2 years of your ECT degree to be counted as an ECT teacher.... Here is some info:
Additionally, from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2015, once you have completed 50 percent of an approved ECT qualification (or if you already hold an approved diploma level qualification), you can be counted as an early childhood teacher under regulation 242. To illustrate the effect of this regulation between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2015, some examples include:
- a student at Monash University studying a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education would be taken to be an early childhood teacher upon completion of the first two years of this four year (full-time) qualification
- a registered primary teacher in Queensland would be taken to be an early childhood teacher upon commencement of the Diploma in Education and Care (CHC50113) or the Graduate Diploma of Early Childhood Education from Griffith University.

Ref: http://acecqa.gov.au/actively-working-t ... lification

Don't worry, things always seem a little more stressful when you're trying to get things done!

You'll be alright mate! :giggle:

:geek:,
L.A

zara1200

Post by zara1200 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Its length is 2 years but in some countries its length is 4 years.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Zara no bachelors here are 2 years unless you have gained some sort of adv credit
most bachelor degrees are 4 year ones and some are 3 year eg like the Bachelor of Teaching I did

zara1200

Post by zara1200 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Visit here to know information about Bachelor http://www.biseresult.pk/ba-bsc.html

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Zara we are taking about Bachelor degrees in Australia.
You will find if you do a 2year bachelor from overseas it will not be equivalent to a 3 or 4 year bachelor here in Australia.

It's a bit confusing when you are posting information about degrees in overseas countries when the original poster wants to do a degree here In Australia

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:38 am

fchaudari76 wrote:Zara we are taking about Bachelor degrees in Australia.
You will find if you do a 2year bachelor from overseas it will not be equivalent to a 3 or 4 year bachelor here in Australia.

It's a bit confusing when you are posting information about degrees in overseas countries when the original poster wants to do a degree here In Australia

I have deleted the above post as it was spam and irrelevant to the question asked...

:geek:,
L.A