Is a BA an option?

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Bells13

Is a BA an option?

Post by Bells13 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:48 am

Hi i was just wanting to see if anyone could help me - I am wanting to eventually get a bachelor of education and am not sure if it is an option for me.
I left high school after yr 10 (7 yrs ago)
I have been working on a casual basis in childcare for the past 4 years
I have completed my Cert 3 and am well on my way to completing my Diploma
I also have 2 young children
Basically I am worried that even if I do get into uni I may not be able to do the work. Any advice and experiences would be great!! thanks in advance :)

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Is a BA an option?

Post by cathiek » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 pm

I completed my BEd about 4 years ago. I had one young child at the time. My advice would be to not take on a full time load to start with, just while you are finding your feet and working out what Uni wants.
My advice for assignments would be read their rubrics, and be sure of your referencing. Seemed to be a big thing when I started.
Some units can generally be done externally if that suits you better
It took me a while to get settled but I managed to get through it so, as long as it is something you really want, I am sure you can too :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Is a BA an option?

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm

If you do flexible learning i.e. online & take on a PT study load you can do 1 unit / semester ... if you find it too much you can drop units without financial penalties up to a certain time in that semester.

I am working FT studying PT, no kids but I am studying with lots of people who do and work FT and are managing. Good thing with online study is when you do start getting a bit over it you can not do any study for the next semester if you want.