I wish to study Bachelor of Early Childhood studies

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
rocky
Participator
Participator

I wish to study Bachelor of Early Childhood studies

Post by rocky » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: ..
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Professional

Your Question?
I have finished my certificate 2 and 3 in childcare, and now I am at the end of my diploma course. I am very very passionate about continuing my education, therefore I would love to study Bachelor of Early Childhood early years. But, I have got very weak maths skills. will they except anyway??

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I don't wish to study maths methods or general maths. :sweating: :think:

Description and Message:
I have finished my certificate 2 and 3 in childcare, and now I am at the end of my diploma course. I am very very passionate about continuing my education, therefore I would love to study Bachelor of Early Childhood early years. But, I have got very weak maths skills. will they except anyway??

Please help. :kiss:

rocky
Participator
Participator

Re: I wish to study Bachelor of Early Childhood studies

Post by rocky » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Opps excuse my spelling errors. Will they **accept me even though I am not that good at maths??

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Look up the course you want to do at University and the requirements.
You only need maths skills up to Grade 7 or 8 level in order to do a Bachelor of Education (I think)

rocky
Participator
Participator

Post by rocky » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:16 pm

fefe76 wrote:Look up the course you want to do at University and the requirements.
You only need maths skills up to Grade 7 or 8 level in order to do a Bachelor of Education (I think)

Are you serious?? You must be kidding me. At the moment my maths skills are already up to grade 8!!!! And plus for a Bachelor of Education Foundations maths or general maths skills IS COMPULSORY.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Well I am doing my Bachelor of Teaching and there are no maths units as such
When I was doing my Bachelor of Ed (EC) there are no major maths really as you are only allowed to teach up to grade 3

To enrol in both courses I never had to do anything except prove I completed High School and prove that I had my Diploma of Children's Services & had all the work experience I said I had.

Here are requirements for some unis (this is just to get into the degree)
http://www.future.swinburne.edu.au/cour ... ocal#entry
http://www.qut.edu.au/study/courses/bac ... -childhood
http://www.une.edu.au/courses/2013/courses/BEDEC

Obviously if you are doing a Bachelor of Ed (primary or secondary) you will need to have better maths skills as you will be expected to teach maths at a higher level

rocky
Participator
Participator

Post by rocky » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

...I live in Victoria....and you are in QLD that's why.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 pm

http://www.rmit.edu.au/programs/bp260
this is RMIT which is in VIC

I am not sure if you are asking about Maths skills for entry into the degree course or during or after

Anyway you seem to know more than me so why you asking? + I doing an Early Childhood Major + when I entered Uni I was 35 had over 15 years experience and a Diploma of CS & Montessori Ed (3-6)

I have general maths skills but nowhere was I asked to sit a test or prove my level of maths skills when getting into my degree that's all I am saying

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:00 pm

In WA some of the Universities get you to take maths tests to assess your general skills and if not up to their required level additional maths units are required to be taken.
At other uni's though you don't take these tests and are required to just complete the maths units that are applicable to your teaching degree.
So, I would say check with the Uni's you are thinking of enrolling with.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:01 am

Did you complete year 10 or year 12?

If you have, if you provide them with either of these certificates, it should be good enough to show that you are competent enough in Math. You wont receive either of these certificates if you fail a subject... however I'm not too sure I'm just thinking of other options for you. I didn't do very well at Maths either however I managed to get accepted in Bachelor of Early Education. I think it's more of an issue if you are wanting to teach primary or high school students.

Like others have mentioned it's best to confirm with the Uni you are applying to but don't worry I don't think it's an issue!

Good Luck,

:geek:,
L.A

rocky
Participator
Participator

Post by rocky » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

LucindaArgyle

Post by LucindaArgyle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 am

I just remember these days, they are really amazing just study and the only target in your life is to have a good grade in exams, nothing to worry about, and having good marks in exams is the biggest achievement of life in that time.