Help!!!!!what to do Bachelor of Arts (early childhood)

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Rosie123
Participator
Participator

Help!!!!!what to do Bachelor of Arts (early childhood)

Post by Rosie123 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:02 am

Hi everyone,
Haven't been on here for a while. I know some people were looking at the above course at curtin uni 3 year study. I am so disappointed that this course is no longer recognised unless you are enrolled before 2012 or also completed a conversion course. I am 49 years and have my own business, so decided on this course so I could be the teacher. I enrolled in 2012 so this course is no longer valid unless I do the conversion. I am almost half way through and if I do the conversion I will be 55 years when finishing. I don't want to work in a school just in childcare. I had 5 credits and feel I should be able to use this qualification.
Has any body got some ideas or if any other uni have a 3 year degree which I could swap to which would qualify me before I decide to chuck it all in. (Have hecs fees as well). So to moan but feel its unfair.
Thanks

law92
Helper
Helper

Re: Help!!!!!what to do Bachelor of Arts (early childhood)

Post by law92 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi

Oh no that sounds like a bit if a pain! There is a 3 year degree at USQ a Bachelor of teaching which will let you become a teacher at a child care centre and they offer this course online and have HECS help. I'm currently studying a Bachelor of education (early childhood) through USQ and find them to be fantastic.
There is also a Bachelor of teaching (early childhood education) at UNE. With this degree if you have done previous study/have previous work experience in child care then this degree may only take you 1 year to complete, if not, it is a 3 year degree as well.

law92
Helper
Helper

Re: Help!!!!!what to do Bachelor of Arts (early childhood)

Post by law92 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Here is the link to the USQ degree:

http://www.usq.edu.au/degrees/bachelor- ... -childhood

Also the link for the UNE degree:

https://my.une.edu.au/courses/2014/courses/BTCHEC

Hope this helps :)