Anyone studying a bachelor of teaching at UNE?

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
chewi_chouille

Anyone studying a bachelor of teaching at UNE?

Post by chewi_chouille » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi there :)

My name is Mylene, I am a 25 years old early childhood educator who would like to complete her studies at the University of New England in NSW and was wondering if anyone was enrolled into their bachelor of teaching through distance learning?
I have a certificate 3 and a diploma that I have completed about 4 years ago from TAFE. I have also studied teaching for 2 years back home (France) prior to this. I have finally become a permanent resident :) and would like to take the opportunity to transfer to uni and get a bachelor of teaching. I have been looking at the University of NewEngland as they offer a bachelor of teaching over a year (full time), if you have a diploma and some experience as a team leader, which I am really interested in, so I was just wondering if anyone was doing this course online too? I would love to have some feedback on it and the level of the course, as I haven't been really studying for the past couple of years, so getting back to full time study is a bit stressful but I am highly motivated ! I would also love to hear from you even if you haven't completed your degree from UNE, any feedbacks that I could get would be much appreciated :)
I look forward to hearing back from you,

Thanks
Mylene

Lorina

Re: Anyone studying a bachelor of teaching at UNE?

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:27 am

Hi Mylene,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Sounds like you are ready to get back into the swing of studying again to complete your degree. That's great! Since you have got experience as well as a Diploma most uni's will offer you a year off the degree... It doesn't matter which uni you enrol in, the workload will be intense. Not so much difficult but you would need to spend your time and effort to complete it especially if you are wanting to do well rather than just a pass. When looking at which uni to go with, look at their policies for re-submission, extensions, what happens when you fail a subject, tutor support etc. These can help you decide which uni suits you best.

It seems like you eager to go and you are already highly motivated so now it's just a case of enrolling!

Good Luck and we are here if you need support,

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Anyone studying a bachelor of teaching at UNE?

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:38 pm

I just graduated last seen with my Bachelor of Teaching (EC) through UNE and cannot recommend it enough.
They are extremely supportive, you have the advantage of 3 trimesters which means you can do 1 units per trimester until you feel you could cope with doing 2 and still get your degree within 1.5-2.5 years.
I did 2 units a semester while working FT however I've done plenty of study and previous study at a Uni level so it wasn't too hard.
The peer support within each unit on the UNE unit pages is excellent and everyone tends to set up FB help pages for each unit too, so heaps of help around.
The lecturers are wonderful and the course content is relevant and interesting.
I loved my experience and going to my graduation was wonderful and a great end to this achievement.
If you are keen and motivated go for it ....good luck and if you need help or advice please ask